The graduation gift of a “lifetime” – interview skill development. Coaching from a professional who will set the new grad or beginning job searcher on a winning path.
JUNE (ONLY) SPECIAL OFFER
WITH EACH ORDER OF ANY STUDENT PACKAGE, I’m throwing in A FREE BONUS BOOK!
“HOW DO YOU MAKE SMALL TALK?”
This book is not available for purchase anywhere – it is an exclusive offer from The Interview Coach.
“HOW DO YOU MAKE SMALL TALK?” This question was asked me by students at one of oldest research universities in the California systems – U. C. Berkley. I was giving lectures on job interviewing skills, and was taken back when someone asked me that question for the first time.
I happen to be a very “Extroverted” and gregarious person. I find it easy to talk to almost anyone. I really didn’t know how to answer the question – “How do you make small talk?”
Here are some basic rules that I first offered when I was first asked.
• Stay informed – read magazines, online blogs, newspapers, and watch the news.
• Know about many things – a little knowledge about a lot of things allows you to ask questions, and that in turn makes people feel like they are the “experts” – teaching you something or sharing what they know.
• Show an interest in others. Ask questions. Be genuinely interested in other people.
• Listen more than you talk.
• Learn to watch for clues when people do not want to make small talk.
• Read, How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie.
Eventually, I realized that this question would be asked of me every time that I gave this lecture. So, I started putting information together so that I could cover this subject in my lecture.
You can get my new expanded e-book version for FREE when you order any Student Coaching package from my site at https://interviewcoach.com/services/
Not sure? Ask for a free personal coaching analysis before you buy. My goal is the same as yours, I want you to get the job you are dreaming of!